The Colville Valley Animal Sanctuary is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned, neglected, and otherwise homeless companion animals. We provide both crisis and long-term sheltering, medical care, fostering, and adoption services – all with the goal of placing our animals permanently in safe and loving homes. We spay and neuter all of the animals in our care and actively promote, through financial donations and community support, the effort to reduce the number of unwanted animals in Stevens County. By example and through education, we promote and advance the values of responsible pet ownership and the humane treatment of animals.
We provide temporary shelter for up to 100 cats and dogs at any given time. Amazingly, we are successful in finding permanent adoptive homes for most of our animals. We can accommodate up to 21 adult dogs and 15 puppies, and 30 adult cats and 30 kittens at one time. We are currently staffed entirely by volunteers who provide love, stability and a place to call home for our animals.
- Long and short-term sheltering
- Rescue/retrieval of animals
- Adoption coordination and counseling
- Routine and emergency medical care
- Foster and domiciliary care
- Long-distance transportation
- Transportation for veterinary care
- Spaying and neutering
- Rehabilitation to overcome trauma
- Pet food assistance program
- Feral cat program (trap, spay/neuter, release)
- Animal advocacy