I’m sure you are all familiar with the various superstitions that surround black cats (and black animals of all kinds for that matter) originating deep in the mists of time when our ancestors (bless them) were a bit more gullible.
We all know now that those superstitions are nonsense but our enlightenment has still not made things much easier for the poor maligned black cat.
Did you know that black cats have the lowest adoption rates and highest euthanasia rates than any other colour cat? It’s true!
People, we CAN NOT let this stand!
We’ve got to enlighten the masses!
Black cats are awesome, lovable, beautiful, and intelligent creatures…in fact it is my opinion that no home should be without one!
So without further ado, let me tell you the top 10 reasons why your next kitty should be an adopted black cat from an animal shelter near you!
- You can always find your black cat in the snow.
2. Black goes with everything!
3. Black cats look like little panthers. Their regal breeding is very apparent.
See…you can barely tell them apart!
4. A black cat will match any décor. You won’t have to redecorate our house to coordinate with your cat.
5. Black is Beautiful.
6. Bad luck? When you love a black cat, luck is on his side!
Four black cats? You do the math!
7. Black cats have more fun. You only thought blondes had more fun.
8. Black cats are loving. Look, they know their reputation…scary. They’ve seen illustrations…skinny cats with nasty long teeth and frizzed out black tails, so they go overboard to be as affectionate and loving as any fluffy white, pink-nosed bunny kitty ever could be.
9. Love knows no colour! Your black cat doesn’t care what colour YOUR hair is!
10. And the number 1 reason to adopt a black cat is:
Black cats are the least likely to get adopted.
Well there you have it, so what are you waiting for? Run, don’t walk…ok you can drive…down to your local shelter and find your purrfect new black friend!
This post was inspired by a pamplet that I got from Stevens County Care Care Clinic, the wonderful organisation which offers monthly low-cost cat spay/neuter clinics in Stevens Country, Wa. Here’s a link to their website, check them out! Really good people!