Wow, we are in the middle of a kitty tsunami here at the Sanctuary! And it is only going to get worse as kitten season is staring us in the face!
Last week we rescued 15 cats which were mostly feral, and there are another 20 or so that we are currently in various stages of rescuing, these are also mostly feral cats and kittens, coming from all over Stevens County. And we are getting calls about more every day.
Let me tell you, our volunteers are running ragged, we are so short-staffed right now, there are only 4 wonderful ladies who are handling this current kitty chaos, as well as the regular running of the Sanctuary, and these ladies also work full time jobs!
This is a PLEA for volunteers!
Please, if you have ever considered volunteering at the Sanctuary this would be a great time!
Some of the ways you can help:
- Rescue – help us catch and round up some of these kitties
- Sanctuary Work – help with the daily routine at the Sanctuary including; feeding, cleaning, walking, medicating and socialising with the animals.
- Local Transport – we need to get all of these kitties to and from the spay/neuter clinic in Chewelah on the 4th of March. We supply everything, but we need you and your vehicle!
- Distance Transport – taking dogs and cats to our partner shelters located in Spokane and Seattle.
- Fostering – with all the animals we are taking in now, people willing to foster animals in their home are absolutely invaluable to us!
If you can help in any way, please give Pat a call at: 509-675-2539
We are also still in desperate need of kitty containment cages like the ones I mentioned in this post. If you can’t help with volunteering, could you please pitch in a little bit toward these cages if you are able, we could use at least 3 of these cages, more if we can get them.
Thank you for anything you can do to help!